Urgent Action Needed before 1:00 p.m. Monday
H.B. 630 is a culture change that must be defeated.
H.B. 630 Sexual Orientation & Gender-Bender Legislation
Scheduled for Representative Jacob’s Judiciary Subcommittee Meeting
Monday, February 27, 2012, 1:00 – 3: 00 p.m., CLOB Room 406
H.B. 630 would result in affirmative action in government jobs for almost two dozen sexual orientations and gender identities listed in the American Psychiatric Association and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. H.B. 630 would legalize sex acts that are now crimes in Georgia.
· “Gender” does not have the same meaning as “sex.” “Sex” identifies males and females. Gender identity implies rejection of and deviation from natural sexual identity.
· H.B. 630 would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the current list of protected civil rights classes, although the bill does not define “sexual orientation” or “gender identity.” So, two categories of sexual behaviors (including but not limited to voyeurism [Peeping Toms], exhibitionism [flashers], pedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality) would be protected as civil rights and would not be prosecuted as sex crimes.
· Webster’s Dictionary defines “gender-bender” as a person who assumes the appearance and demeanor of the opposite sex, i.e. transvestites and transsexuals.
· States with laws providing protection for variant gender identities allow anyone claiming transgender status to use any public rest room or other public facilityanywhere, including churches and religious establishments, unless local law allows religious exemptions.
· H.B. 630 lists nine state and local government laws that would be amended to require workforce “balance” (affirmative action) in hiring, firing, training, compensation and promotion of applicants and employees based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Such “balance” would be required in sensitive jobs including (but not limited to) public daycare, public schools, group homes, orphanages, foster care, juvenile detention, etc.
ACTION – OPPOSE. Ask the following representatives to vote NO on H.B. 630.